HTC Incredible S Soft/Hard Factory Settings
Restarting your HTC Incredible S phone (soft reset)
If the phone is runa slower than normal, an application is not performing properly, or your phone becomes unresponsive, just try restarting your phone and see if that helps solve the problem.
To restart your phone, simply turn it off and back on. If pressing and holding the POWER button doesn't work, then remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, reinsert the battery, and then turn the phone on.
Performing a factory reset (hard reset)
If you're passing your phone on to someone else or your phone has a persistent problem that cannot be solved, you can do a factory reset (also called a hard reset). This returns your phone to the state it was in before the first time you turned it on.
Note: Performing factory reset will not delete the data and files that are stored in your phone’s microSD card.
However, It will permanently delete all your data and customized settings, any applications you've downloaded and installed will also remove . Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset.
HTC incredible S - Factory reset via settings
1. From the Home screen, press MENU
2. Select Settings.
3. Scroll down the screen and
4. Then tap Privacy, select Factory data reset.
5. On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone.
6. Then select Erase everything.
HTC incredible S - Performing a factory reset using phone button combination.
If you cannot turn on your phone or access the phone settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the buttons on the phone.
1. With the HTC incredible S phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
Note: If you are not sure whether your phone's power is turned off, remove and then reinsert the battery.
2. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.
3. Press VOLUME DOWN to select CLEAR STORAGE, and then press POWER.
4. Press VOLUME UP to start the factory reset.